Your First Visit
Your first appointment will give us a thorough understanding of your history, your concerns, and your needs and wishes—before any cleaning or other treatment is scheduled—to ensure that you are getting the care that is right for you.
Click here to complete your medical history form before you arrive!
This visit will take about one hour and will include the following:
• A review of your medical and dental history
• A visual examination of your teeth and gums
• A full series of x-rays
• An oral cancer screening
• A complete periodontal charting to check for gum and bone disease
• A physical examination of your TMJ (temporo-manbibular joint) and jaw muscles
• A cosmetic consultation
• An evaluation of existing and potential dental problems
• A treatment plan outlining necessary care, optional care, and an estimate of your insurance coverage
• IMPORTANT- Bring a list of your medication.
Seemingly harmless bad breath or bleeding gums may be symptoms of more serious problems such as periodontitis, sinus infection, diabetes, or stomach problems. Infection in your mouth can also cause increased blood pressure, complications in diabetic patients, and low birth weight. Recent studies have shown that the same bacteria that cause gum disease can travel to the heart and cause heart disease, too.